Impact of a Great Web Designer on Your Projects Growth and Productivity
Web design refers to designing the appearance and layout of websites, web apps and mobile apps including their functionality. A good web design is visually appealing and easy to use. The person responsible for designing websites and apps is referred to as a web designer and they are a critical part of the success of your project. Some of the benefits you gain when you hire web designer include:
- Make a good first impression: your website is the face of your company and is often the first interaction a potential customer will have with your business. A good front end web designer can create a site that is user-friendly, responsive and visually appealing to ensure that the first impression a visitor has of your company is a good one.
- Make navigation easy: a good web app designer knows that easy navigation is important to the success of an app or a website. They will avoid providing too many options and ensure the navigation bar or drawer is clearly visible. Navigation should be intuitive if you want people to use your app or remain on your website.
- Contribute to your SEO strategy: many web design elements and techniques will influence the way search engines crawl your website and rank pages. Web designers are aware of this and use web design elements that are SEO friendly to improve your site’s search engine rankings.
- Higher conversion rates: an ecommerce web designer is able to guide the user using visual elements and direct them where you want them to go on your website. They also make clickable features like CTA buttons that are clearly visible and draw the eyes of users resulting in more conversions.
- Lower bounce rates: something website owners always watch out for is high bounce rates. This is the percentage of users who visit a site and leave in a few seconds after only checking one page. A certified web designer helps to create sites that visitors will spend more time interacting with and users are likely to visit other pages lowering bounce rates.
Skills and Qualification to Look for When Selecting a Web Designer for Your Team
When you are looking for a web page designer for hire there are some skills and qualifications they should possess in order to perform their job well. Here are some of the skills to look for when seeking a web designer for hire.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS: HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) are essential skills when designing a website. HTML determines the structure of a website while CSS is used to control the visual appearance of sites.
- Content management systems: many websites are built using content management systems (CMSs) like WordPress. A CMS is software that allows you to manage digital features like graphics, video and audio files and web design. A web designer should be familiar with the basic features of CMSs.
- Designing tools: proficiency with designing tools like Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator is another essential skill that web designers should have.
- UI/UX: UX (User Experience) and UI (User Interface) skills contribute to a users experience with a site or app and how they interact with it. Depending on the project a team may include a UX/UI designer that the web designer works with or the web designer may assume those duties.
- Responsive design: responsive web design is designing web pages that look good on any device. Computers, mobile phones and tablets come with varying screen resolutions, definitions and orientation. A designer should be able to provide responsive web design services to ensure your site looks good no matter what device it is being viewed on. It makes your site more user-friendly and it will keep it from being penalized by Google.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization): no matter how good your website looks if it isn’t optimized for search engines it won’t attract many visitors. A web designer must consider how factors like layout, site speed, meta tags and many others affect search engine results.
It isn’t always easy to find a web designer that has the skills and experience you require. If you are wondering where can I find a web designer that has the skills I need you may want to consider using a mobile app and web design outsource company like ours to hire the right person for your project.
Dedicated Web Designer vs. In-House Employee vs. Freelancer: Which to Choose
How to find a good web designer is a problem many businesses are faced with at one time or another. There are several options you can use to find web designers for your project.
- Hire an in-house web designer: some businesses prefer to hire an in-house designer to work on their projects. Having your web-designer in-house allows you to meet with them face-to-face on a regular basis and you may have more control. However because you are drawing from the local talent pool it may be more difficult to find a designer that meets all of your requirements. In-house web designers are also usually more expensive to hire. Salaries tend to be higher and there are associated costs to consider like office space, paid sick days, paid vacations and administrative costs.
- Use freelancers: hire freelance web designers to work on your web design team. Freelance designers often offer the lowest rates and you can hire a freelancer from anywhere in the world. The down side of using freelancers is it can be difficult to verify their skills and experience. You may also encounter communication issues.
- Hire dedicated web designer: hire a dedicated remote web designer using an offshore web design services agency to hire the staff you need. Outsourcing web design overseas allows you to hire designers from many different countries. Generally outsourcing web design is also less expensive as salaries tend to be lower and you don’t have the associated expenses that come with hiring in-house staff. An additional benefit of web design outsourcing services is that the agency you use to hire staff verifies their qualifications so you can be sure they have the skills and experience you require.
After examining the skills and costs involved, the best option to hire a well-qualified and experienced web designer is to outsource web design using a staffing agency to hire the personnel you need. If you are looking for a web design company Ukraine is a popular outsourcing destination businesses turn to for hiring web designers.
Why You Should Consider Ukraine to Find Your Ideal Web Designer
For companies considering outsourcing web design Ukraine has become one of the most popular sources of qualified talent. Ukraine has been recognized as one of the best places to hire IT talent for several years. Here are a few of the reasons you should consider looking for your ideal virtual web designer in Ukraine:
- Quality/depth of talent: Ukraine is home to over 200,000 IT specialists with an additional 30,000 graduating from colleges and universities every year. There are over 950 universities and colleges in the country and they aren’t just graduating IT specialists. You will also find professionals in graphic design, marketing and other fields related to web design. With the number and quality of professionals in the field Ukraine is an ideal location to hire top web designers.
- Cost effective: when it comes to the cost of web design Ukraine is also an excellent choice. Due to the low cost of living in Ukraine, salaries are much lower than in Western Europe and North America despite high skill levels. Salaries may be as much as 50% to 60% lower than in many western counties which can make a big difference to your bottom line.
- Time zone: one concern when outsourcing web design to another country is time zones. Ukraine is 1 hour ahead of the majority of European countries and 7 hours ahead of North America so it is relatively easy to establish working hours.
Cost of Hiring a Web Designer in Ukraine Compared to Other Countries
One question that is often asked by those considering outsourcing to Ukraine is how much does it cost to hire a web designer there. The following is a list of the average cost of hiring a web designer in different countries including Ukraine from Glassdoor and Salary Explorer so you can compare.
- United States: $60,202
- Canada: $50,211
- France: $41,562
- Germany: $46,562
- United Kingdom: $45,899
- Denmark: $57,106
- Switzerland: $84,003
- Ukraine: $21,200-$32,400
Salary can also vary a great deal based on experience. For example, the average junior web designer salary in the U.S is $42,000 while the salary of an average senior web designer in the U.S is $82,417. As you can see it is much less to hire full time web designer remote staff from Ukraine than to hire designers in other countries.
How Our Company Can Assist You with Hiring a Web Designer
We are a Ukrainian marketing and web design staffing agency that specializes in hiring marketing experts for companies. Whether you need a Ukraine marketing manager or a web designer we can provide the specialist you need. Our company provides flexible custom web design services that allow you to hire staff based on your needs. You have the option to hire a dedicated full time web designer, a remote part time web designer or hire web designers on a per-project basis. Here are the steps we follow to help you hire a web designer:
- Let us know your requirements: we will talk with you by phone or Skype so you can provide us the specific requirements for the web designer you want to hire.
- Select a candidate: we forward the resumes of the most suitable candidates that match your requirements to you for your review.
- Conduct interviews: you interview your preferred candidates by Skype or video conference. If you feel it necessary, you may also administer a brief test to aid you in your final selection.
- Final preparations: we discuss the workflow and determine a start date. As soon as the service agreement is signed everything is settled and ready to go.
The large pool of talent we can draw on, our flexibility and hiring process are part of what makes us the best web design agency in Ukraine to provide your staffing needs.